Jelly Pizza

There's a story, of course.

Nov 7, 2006

I Voted...

[click on image to enlarge]

Funny, I never before noticed the mural painted on the wall
over the voting machines of my local precinct. [Guess where? Duh - in a church.]

Maybe it's new.

It struck me that a case could be made out of this as on-site illegal campaigning.

Then I got confused and tried to vote for Jesus, but disappointingly he wasn't on the ballot.

Drat! It didn't occur to me until just now I could have written his name in.

Maybe it's all for the best. From the look of the graphics behind his name, he might could be a pro-war candidate.

Boom, boom, boom, boom, gonna have a war -- way too scary!

I asked first if it was okay for me to take a photo, and a very sweet lady said she didn't know but that it probably meant I couldn't. I gave her a prissy smile and turned to another very nice lady, who pondered, "Hmmmm.... There was a journalist here last year who stopped by to take a picture, so it's probably not illegal."


She suggested I stand back at the entrance so as not to interfere with voters or their privacy.


I said that was cool. [I was really only interested in documenting the mural, not in taking portraits of people voting. In fact, I blurred any faces that seemed identifiable before posting this photo.]

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At November 7, 2006 at 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get a paper receipt?

 
At November 7, 2006 at 2:54 PM, Blogger whaleshaman said...

i did but by the time i got out to my car it had spontaneously combusted and left me with a fistfull of ashes.

honeychile...this be souf carolina...they don't give no paper. next thing ya know, ya might be wanting to learn readin' & writin'!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home