What Did The President Know & When Did He....
leak it? What else I'm curious about is:
- did anyone warn Valerie Plame that her status as an undercover CIA agent was changed [when the president “declassified” that information to be “leaked” to Judy Miller];
- if it were no longer classified because the president declassified it, why would it have to be “leaked” not just plain old vanilla announced;
- why bother having a “leak of classified material” investigation if the material wasn’t classified;
- why hasn’t Fitz just said, "Oops, no crime here, my bad. I’m wrapping up this expensive dog & pony show now, BYE!"; and
- why didn’t Jerky Miller howl, "NONOWAIT, it’s not a crime to leak unclassified material, and anyway I’m too classy a dame to sit in prison for no GD reason a’tall"?
They think we’re stupid.
Maybe so, but not as stupid as them.