Jelly Pizza

There's a story, of course.

Mar 18, 2006

The Jelly Pizza

Take a few simple ingredients carefully combined, and there you have it...
your signature dish, requested by some who will always remember that morning in your kitchen.


©Jelly Pizza
Preheat oven to 425 degrees

2 large eggs
½ cup milk
½ cup flour

Whisk ingredients together until smooth; allow to rest for 10 minutes, otherwise the texture will be rubbery.

On medium-high burner, melt ½ stick butter until foamy [do not allow to brown], in large skillet with oven proof handle; quickly add the beaten mixture all at once to the center of the skillet, and leave for about a minute or two until the edges start to ruffle [you’ll know what I mean when you see it].

At this point, slide it gently into the hot oven for approximately 12-15 minutes until dramatically puffed into golden brown hills and valleys.

Remove from oven and place on wooden board. The handle will remain VERY HOT for a long time, and I have burned myself enough times that I slide an oven mitt over the handle and leave it there.

Immediately squeeze ½ lemon over the entire surface [hopefully you’ll have popped out the visible seeds, or just use a lime]. This will cause the whole thing to collapse. Too bad, but that’s life.

Next take no more than 1-2 tablespoons seedless red raspberry preserves and lightly spread it around the top, which will be juicy from the lemon and the butter. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve immediately.

Serves 2 for dessert, or 1 delighted guest for breakfast.

Someday when there’s time, I’ll post the story of its creation and naming.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At March 18, 2006 at 5:16 PM, Blogger kcbunny said...

aaaahhhhhh...

I can taste it now!

 
At May 25, 2006 at 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

 
At May 25, 2006 at 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 
At May 25, 2006 at 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

 
At May 25, 2006 at 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 
At August 14, 2006 at 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock on,SIS-TAH !!!!! I didn't know you were a Django Rheinheart fan? me, too!!! I am Impressed!!!!!! ...and don't have time to read more archives and more stuff---back later when I can steal some more time.....WOW!!!!
Ann Nonymous ps. JELLY PIZZA!!!!! Gonna make that one ! I used to make sloppy jelly omelettes all the time in college......

 
At November 19, 2006 at 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

soufflélicious ... will have to try this. good, i'm sure, anytime of the day or night! thanks for the link.

 
At June 23, 2011 at 1:13 AM, Anonymous Lindsey said...

This is just BEAUTIFUL! Will have to try this soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home